Sheen headed back to work after NYC meltdown

LOS ANGELES — With only eight days of probation left from a previous domestic assault charge in Aspen, sitcom star Charlie Sheen reportedly outdid himself in his New York City hotel suite early Tuesday morning, allegedly frightening a female “escort” into a closet during a widely reported rampage and attacking the room itself.

Police were called and arrived to reportedly find Sheen knocked out on the bed while his escort hid naked in the closet.

Despite the incident, People magazine reports that Sheen will soon be back on the set of his CBS sitcom, “Two-and-a-Half Men.”

“Charlie will be working this week doing a cameo role, playing himself, in a small movie as a favor to a friend and has every intention of going back to work on ‘Two-and-a Half Men’ on Tuesday,” People quotes Sheen’s manager as saying. “He’s looking forward to working.”

The well-known actor and star of films that include “Platoon,” “Young Guns” and “Major League,” was in New York with his ex-wife, Denise Richards, and their two children who were staying in a separate room, reports the New York Times.

Police originally showed up at Sheen’s suite at the Plaza hotel around 2 a.m. Tuesday morning. Inside they found a scantily clad, passed out Sheen, his room severely trashed and a woman screaming from the closet. According to Life & Style, Sheen obliterated the room’s expensive chandelier and his escort said he was throwing the furniture around. “Glass was everywhere and he tried to sweep it under the bed. There was blood on the carpet, presumably from scrapes and cuts as he was trying to clean it up.”

There was an estimated $7,000 worth of damage.

While several sources originally reported that Sheen had been set off by a notion that his escort had stolen his wallet, it’s now believed a missing watch was the source of his aggravation.

Upon arrival, police gave the fired-up Sheen a choice between going to the hospital or jail and he chose the hospital, from which he was released Tuesday night before heading back to Los Angeles.

No charges have yet been filed against the actor.


Skip to content